Creative. Really. Seriously. Smart aleck. Onery stinkpot. But I will soooooo take creative. Thanks Mrs. E! You made my week.
I feel really good about this. I GOT AN AWARD!!
The rules that go with the award are pretty easy to follow.
1. Thank the person giving the award. (Thank you, Mrs. E--I love it that you read me AND leave me comments--it's so like we know each other)
2. Copy the award to this blog. (See above.)
3. Place a link to their blog - (If you click on the highlighted text above-- you'll find Mrs. E! She teaches English and she is FUNNY. )
4. Name 7 things people don't know about you. (Below)
5. Nominate 7 bloggers who you admire (Below)
6. Place a link to these bloggers. (Highlighted names to click on)
7. Leave a comment on their blog notifying them of the award. (I will.)
7 things you don't know about me. Um. Do I have anything else that you don't know about me.....by the way....my question mark key isn't working....
1. My mom made sure that my brother and I had braces as youngsters. She waited to get hers until she was in her 50's. It was at that point that I realized how much she had sacrificed for us. Thanks, Mom. Love you.
2. I think my favorite before I got a college degree job was working in grocery stores. It's an honest days work. You go there, you smile and visit, well, and work, and you go home. You see a ton of people. It's a job I could do again someday. I love the grocery store.
3. I lived in the same house until I was 19 years old. This was a pretty amazing piece of trivia to my lunch bunch. There were several of us who could claim this--but there were more who couldn't. Since then I have lived 6 places.
4. My first car was 1971 Toyota Corolla. My used-to-be-step dad purchased it for $600. It was green and a 5 speed. There are some pretty good family stories surrounding my adventures in learning to drive that car.
5. I knew when I opened the door for my first date with Coach that I would marry him. I literally opened the door and thought, "I am going to marry this man." I can tell you what we both were wearing. The best part of the story....he immediately confessed to not having any money. We were in college, after all. He said that his mom wasn't too happy with the state of his checkbook and he just couldn't spend any more money. He asked if we could just stay home...sure. I changed out of my 'date' clothes, made some popcorn and we watched Fletch. Great date movie. And that is all she wrote....here we are 23 years later.
6. I talk too much. Oh wait, I bet you already know that piece of information.
7. I love to laugh.
Now for 7 bloggers I admire. This is tough because I don't want to leave anybody out. And I know I will so let me apologize in advance. I love you all, but the rules say 7. And I am such a little rule follower.....
The Craig's I just really enjoy all of these people. The Mom, the Dad, the 3 little lovelies....they are warm, and inviting and funny and real.
The Pfizenmaier's This mom of 4 boys (I cannot imagine) is a wonderful, spiritual person who writes from the heart. This post is one of my most favorite of anything I have ever read.
Life As We Know It This person is relatively new to my daily reading. Spend some time with her...it's a pretty amazing thing they are doing.
It's Not All Flowers and Sausages Ok. Admittedly if you aren't a teacher, you might not 'get' this girl. But I get her. And she makes me smile. Really, she makes me laugh out loud on a regular basis.
The Rankin's This girl....just go there. Her current pics will melt your heart. She's a teacher, reader, mom and cook. In my mind, she's still in middle school, but in real life, she's a darned ol' grown-up.
Cake Wrecks I just recently came across this blog. And I am telling you that I never leave without laughing. People put the darndest things on cakes. Go there. Laugh.
(Insert Title Here) This boy makes his momma and daddy very proud. And he makes me laugh. I love his writing style and his sense of the world.
I might insert a disclaimer here:
This is a bizarro grouping of blogs.
No rhyme or reason.
I simply started opening my bookmarks and randomly choosing.
Enjoy! And thanks, again, Mrs. E for the blog love. Right back at ya--just sayin'.
P.S. Do you ever read this and wonder why they let me teach other people's children? Am I drunk when I post or what? I promise I read everything 47 hunert times before I post and I still find mistakes. Goodness sakes alive already! Did I mention that I got an award? It wasn't for correctness!