Go see Linda over at 2nd cup of coffee and join in on the fun!
1. How good are you at delaying gratification?
Not so good.
2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food would be most tempting?
French fries. I simply cannot resist a fresh, hot french fry.
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?
Can we talk negative numbers? And I am a lot more patient than I was earlier in my life. I try to be patient with non-relatives but with relatives (like people who live with me), not so much.
4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?
Um. I am sure there is something but I simply cannot find it right now.
5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?
I like things to be done 'right'. Not perfect but right. Say I was going to paint my house. I would want to scrap it, repair it, prime it and paint it. I do have a tendency to take shortcuts when I am sewing or altering twirling costumes.
6. Which line is hardest to wait in?
I don't mind waiting in line. I like to watch people and visit with the others who are waiting. I have also come to the conclusion that I cannot control the line, so I might as well enjoy the time.
7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?
Nope. We didn't have a sonogram with my oldest child so she was just what we wanted--a baby. The twins had several sonograms that should have tipped me to their personalities--stubborn. They wouldn't ever let us see--we also told the techs each time that we weren't really interested in knowing the gender. And they were just what we wanted--babies. I think that not knowing is a wonderful part of being pregnant.
8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?
Both. In my mind, I remind myself that that could be my grandma or my child, and how would I like them to be treated?
9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present?
Have you met my mother? Um. NO.
10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything?
We waited a reeeaaaaalllllyyyyyyy long time to buy a house. We searched for years. I have looked at a LOT of houses in our community. My realtor found a 'real' job while we were searching. Bless her heart, she tried and tried.
11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other?
The man is an absolute saint. He is off the scale with patience. See question 10. It is completely amazing to be in his presence. I will tell you that if he becomes impatient, it isn't pretty.
12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best?
A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James