We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Randomness...or More of the Usual Ramblings

I gotta make this quick...my show is going to be on in 40 minutes.  My show?  Oh yeah.  I love this show and today while I was at school USA played a marathon in anticipation of the season opener tonight at 9.  Yep, I lovelovelove Burn Notice.

Another man named Michael that I could really go for.  He cracks me up and he certainly doesn't hurt my eyes any either.  And since the actress who plays Fiona is my age and looks just like I think I look, I kind of like her, too.  Sharon Gless plays the mother and she is also a crack up.

____________________________________________________________________________

Got my new bifocal glasses tonight.  Eh.  The eye doc said that I should wear them all the time--go cold turkey is what she is telling me.   Put my old ones away and forget about them. So I am wearing the new ones but I feel kind of loopy.  We'll see how tomorrow goes at school.  I like the frames.  I will try to get some pics up over the weekend.  Since I still haven't completed the posts that I promised to for last weekend, don't hold your breath.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I did get a haircut tonight.  I now have all my real hair color.  And I have an appointment for enhancements to replace my real color with something that is brighter and much more beautiful than dark mousy brown that is on the verge of having gray hairs (not really. I don't have any gray hairs, yet and I am telling my children right now they better not give me any!!)   As I have aged, my hair has gotten darker and darker.  I am just weird like that. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

10 days left in the month.  How many days of sunshine?  Just sayin'.

2 comments:

kbrenz said...

I just wanted to let you know that you and Mrs. Bauer have inspired me to attempt this blogging thing. Although I don't think I am nearly as interesting and witty as the two of you. I may need a blog lesson during our upcoming inservice. Here is the address for mine if you want to check it out. http://goingagainstthegrain-kbrenz.blogspot.com/ Good luck with the new glasses!

Mrs. E said...

No gray?! Lucky you! I am now reaching that point where I have to decide when I am just going to bite the bullet and go completely gray. (I'm thinking when I quit teaching. Teaching at HS level is a hard profession to grow old in!)

Good luck with the glases. Boy, do I know what you mean about feeling loopy! Happy Friday!


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17